This job is responsible for thought-leadership and project management expertise to deliver key strategic initiatives and critical Program(s)/Project(s) within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget for Highmark. Includes the oversight of Project staff (internal and contractor) that serve on Program(s)/Project(s) to deliver solutions for the business. Collaborate with business and technical leaders and stakeholders on project planning, risk mitigation, contingency planning and execution to ensure delivery of expected outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership and project management staff oversight to ensure delivery of projects on schedule, within scope and within budget that meet customer requirements and needs. Oversee and accountable for the development, quality, and delivery of all assigned projects.
- Perform budget and resource management, project status reporting, issue and risk management, contingency planning and project communications to division and business leadership. Execute mitigation plans/actions as needed.
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of key initiatives, through a disciplined, customer focused, project management approach; identifies and resolves project and program issues and risks. Assess portfolio on an ongoing basis to gauge demand and capacity fluctuations within the PMO and/or division to ensure resources (contracted and internal) are available to meet current and future demands.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships with key stakeholders. Deliver presentations of the overall suite of project status.
- Ensure compliance of staff and project participants to Highmark's project management tools, techniques, project lifecycle methodologies and audit requirements. Support and contribute to the improvement of project management methods and practices. Champions a standard project management methodology and technology systems development lifecycle through training and education
- Collaborates with all levels of management to assemble project teams and work groups to produce deliverables required to achieve the objectives of a defined project/program.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a project manager role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership experience
- Health Care Insurance industry business and operational knowledge
- Experience managing large, complex projects
- Experience with an industry standard software development lifecycle
- Experience with Portfolio and Project Management Tools
- Experience with customer relationship management
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience with Risk Mitigation Planning
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Very good team building skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Very good organizational and planning skills
Referral Bonus: Level 1
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org