Job ID: J135526
Company: Highmark Health
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Nov 7, 2018
Successful definition, implementation and delivery of complex programs that requires cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies between a group of projects and/or related activities within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget and under circumstances involving multiple moderate-probability, moderate-impact risk factors. Manages a matrix group of employees and contractors who serve on project teams and/or within departmental work groups to achieve a coordinated benefit.
1. Work with management to assemble project teams and work groups to produce deliverables required to achieve the objectives of a defined corporate program. Lead project managers and work group leaders in the development and maintenance of comprehensive plans for a defined corporate program.
2. Organize, direct and coordinate cross-functional activities to focus corporate resources on the successful delivery and implementation of the desired results for a defined corporate program and/or strategic initiative.
3. Work with the executive sponsor of a corporate program (VP or higher), and other management as required to achieve the objectives of a defined corporate program. Acquire detailed understanding of the business objectives for an assigned area.
4. Monitor and evaluate the progress, alignment and financial “health” of a cross-functional group of projects and related activities which together, constitutes a defined corporate program. Direct corrective action as needed to maintain the viability of the program. If required - Report to the executive team/sponsor/steering committee on the progress, business impacts and strategies around the program(s).
5. Assess risks that might jeopardize successful achievement of the desired results of a program, develop risk mitigation strategies and tactics, and implement risk mitigation plans.
6. As needed - Partners with procurement to develop and execute strategies related to the service/asset contracts.
7. As needed - Manages the vendor to the responsibilities outlined in the contract and statement of work.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
High School Diploma / GED
Minimum of ten (10+) years’ work experience in project management
Minimum of ten (10+) years’ work experience delivering business solution using information technology
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Technology Management-related area of study.
• MBA or Master’s Degree in Technology Management-related area of study.
• PMP or Certification in Project Management
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No x
Is Travel Required?
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org