Acts as a liaison between laboratory and clinical areas with IT services. Implements key clinical project initiatives as they relate to the enterprise eHealth strategies. Serves as a group lead for clinical process redesign, metric design and consultative services for the ongoing support of the electronic health record. Assists with identifying, evaluating, planning and revising any existing clinical system to standardize. Works with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of the system through education and training.
- Assist in the development of strategic business plans and performance improvement initiatives for overall hospital operations. Responsible for developing documentation to complete projects, working with end users to facilitate interpretation and utilization of information. This includes the development and presentation of information, both formally and informally in written, graphic and oral format. (20%)
- Responsible for database administration, data management, and analysis to support quality improvement activities and system wide initiatives as assigned. Responsibilities include the ability to design, implement, manage, and improve databases to facilitate data collection, storage, transfer, retrieval, sharing, encryption, analysis, and reporting. Must be able to harvest data from a variety of systems, validate the accuracy of the data, and combine and create databases that can be accessed and used by others. Perform advanced analysis against any datasets. Comply with all HIPAA Regulations. (20%)
- Responsible to complete ad hoc analyses and standard reports for executive management and others. Provide detailed analyses on a broad range of areas pertinent to health care such as quality indicators, volume, physician, clinical, and financial and outcomes reporting by using internal & external data as necessary. (20%)
- Plans, coordinates and manages all aspects of the assigned study or initiative to ensure the accomplishment of all requirements for completion of the project. Collaborates with all relevant internal and external staff to facilitate project design, implementation, and completion. Implements approaches for data management and overall project management designed to accomplish goals in the most cost-effective, valid and accurate manner. Uses judgment to troubleshoot and manage implementation of project changes as needed. Provides ongoing education, support, and feedback to staff and management. (20%)
- Works with managers, physicians, and staff to serve as an internal informatics consultant to design and implement reports and indicators from the latest information systems to support their individualized departmental needs. (10%)
- Evaluates software applications, loads software and upgrades as necessary. Works with vendors and internal information systems department to maintain optimum system functioning. (10%)
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, management / healthcare or related field.
- Prior job-related work experience of 1-3 years.
- PC skills, spreadsheet skills (Excel, Lotus), and database skills (Microsoft SQL, Dbase IV, Microsoft Access).
- BA/BS in Information Technology, management / healthcare or related field.
- Prior laboratory experience
- Laboratory medical technologist experience
- Prior healthcare work experience and knowledge of crystal reporting.
- Lab Tech experience .
Acts as a liaison between laboratory and clinical areas with IT services. Implements key
clinical project initiatives as they relate to the enterprise eHealth strategies. Serves as a group lead for clinical process redesign, metric design and consultative services for the ongoing support of the electronic health record. Assists with identifying, evaluating, planning and revising any existing clinical system to standardize. Works with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of the system through education and training.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org