This job processes exempt, non-exempt, and union bi-weekly pay for the Highmark Health enterprise. This job conducts analysis, audits, and reconciliations to process and resolve complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues ensuring a smooth bi-weekly payroll processing for the exempt, non-exempt and union population. Also confirms that payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations. This job may provide support to Payroll management in special projects for the department.
- Ensure payroll reporting, payments, and internal controls are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations. This includes researching and interpreting federal and state regulatory requirements and resolving tax, withholding, garnishments and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Ensure programmed calculations in automated system perform accurately on standard workday, PTO, holiday, STD, or other conditions affecting employees pay or accounting distribution.
- Research and resolve employee payroll questions and issues received via Service Request, and provide excellent customer service by responding quickly and in a courteous and satisfactory manner.
- Perform analyses and reviews of data and develop reports to process payroll in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Validate timekeeping data from employees. Verify validity of charges, schedules, and calculations, review time sheets, reports, and work schedules: review and reconcile errors with employees, management and within system.
- May manually calculate wages and post wage data for temporary work, bonuses, PTO, terminations, and special payroll requirements.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Human Resources
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of payroll processing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Human Resources
- 5 years of payroll processing in a multi-state environment
- Experience with timekeeping systems such as Workday or Kronos
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience processing union pay
- Workday pay and timekeeping or Kronos
- Experience with Salesforce
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (e.g. Vlookup)
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to quickly learn and utilize new systems
- Organized and the ability to establish process improvements to become more efficient
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills
- High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org