This job provides Information Security and Risk Management services for the Organization. Works with peers within security, HM Health Solutions customers and application teams to ensure alignment with current and future security needs. Manages activities of various Information Security personnel. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.). Develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Conducts the oversight of security technology products for network, systems, and data. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively contributes to the Information Security ans Risk Management (ISRM) strategic planning process by working with the Directors to develop and implement department strategic plans and action steps that support the corporate strategic objectives. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment. Develops and presents Information Security awareness and training programs.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions; coaching and development; rewards and recognition; performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of project management to ensure continuous improvement of processes: negotiate and collaborate with leadership and staff to develop security solutions and options; develop and adhere to internal standards and strategies; ensure adherence to approved methodologies; coordinate resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
- Provide leadership to the department: lead and champion organizational change; encourage participation in activities that support relationship development; champion information security innovation; encourage and enforce proper training in regards to security issues.
- Ensure compliance to Corporate and Information Security policies, standards and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization: facilitate meetings; plan, design and provide presentations; represent HM Health Solutions with outside entities; prepare divisional procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; spread awareness of new and existing security threats; provide oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
- Substitutions: 6 years of relevant experience substitution for a Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 years in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- 7 - 10 years in developing, communicating and presenting Information Security and Risk Management concepts to varying audiences
- 1 - 3 years in mentoring others in a leadership role
- 1 - 3 years in Staff Management
- 1 - 3 years in developing and executing strategic plans to realize business objectives
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 10 - 15 years in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- Experience managing an information security function using the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF), or the NIST 800-83 cyber security framework
- Experience supporting SSAE 16 or SOC 2 Security Trust Principle audits
- Experience establishing budgets and meeting fiduciary goals
- Security industry organization participation/leadership (HITRUST, ISACA, InfraGard, ISC2, ISSA, etc.)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), and FIPS-140
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Ability to motivate high performance, multi-discipline teams
- Demonstrated competency in project execution
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship management
Referral Bonus: Level 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org