Senior auditor responsible for clinical or physician compliance topics. Assigned the most complex
clinical/documentation/coding/billing reviews. Provides guidance to other auditors within AHN on audit
approach and analysis. Responsible for creating and overseeing orientation of auditors. Leads all hospital or physician audits/investigations and responses related to external audit activity.
- Establishes and implements orientation for all members of the AHN audit compliance team. Evaluates the progress of team members including review of reports and audit activities. Works with senior management responsible for AHN-wide case management/physician programs to develop processes that meet Medicare and 3rd party payor requirements. Provides guidance to staff auditors on audit topics and reports. (20%)
- Conducts educational sessions for hospital/physician staff. (10%)
- Conducts investigations and performs special projects as assigned. (10%)
- Compliance Auditor- Sr. (Clinical Specialty) Only: Audits/oversees the auditing of 340B program and provides guidance to 340B management team. Participates in meetings specific to case management/UR and assists with 340B regulatory requirements and when needed, monitors corrective actions. Analyzes and summarizes PEPPER reports and recommends high risk areas for audit. Conducts audits of Medicare/Medicaid and other third party payor accounts for documentation, medical necessity, coding (non DRG), charging, billing and compliance with state and federal regulations. Prepares accurate and concise written audit reports. Works with auditees on corrective action plans and educate management, physicians, utilization review/case management staff and/or hospital personnel on documentation, billing, coding requirements. Responds to external audits of the government (facility based) sent to the compliance office and works with operational owners to establish and implement corrective actions when needed. Advises UR/CM in defending payor claims denials for medical necessity, coding, billing and documentation through coordination of and/or participation (when appropriate) in the appeal process (RACS, ZPICs, MICs and OIG audits in particular and other payors as assigned.) (30%)
- Compliance Auditor- Sr. (Physician Specialty) Only: Analyzes E&M bell curve reports and recommends high risk areas for audit. Manages the database of new providers and assigns for audit/education to team members. Participates in meetings specific to physician coding, billing and documentation and, when needed, monitoring of corrective actions. Performs internal concurrent, prospective, and retrospective audits to assure that billed services are supported by documentation in the medical record and that all coding and documentation is compliant with appropriate guidelines and federal and state regulations. Develops audit detail summary spreadsheets and reports to address any coding, documentation, or financial discrepancies. Conducts presentations of final audit findings to department staff, physicians, and appropriate individuals. (30%)
- For Compliance Auditor- Sr. (Clinical Specialty): Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- For Compliance Auditor- Sr. (Clinical Specialty AND Physician Specialty): Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related experience.
- For Compliance Auditor- Sr. (Coding Specialty): coding certification and driver's license.
- 7-10 years’ experience in utilization review, case management, hospital/physician coding and documentation audits/reviews.
- Experience with medical necessity denials/appeals.
- For Compliance Auditor-Sr. (Clinical Specialty: Master’s degree).
- For Compliance Auditor- Sr. (Physician Specialty): RHIT, RHIA certification.
- Knowledge of a variety of clinical specialty areas, practices and procedures as well as 340B program.
Senior auditor responsible for clinical or physician compliance topics. Assigned the most complex clinical/documentation/coding/billing reviews. Provides guidance to other auditors within AHN on audit approach and analysis. Responsible for creating and overseeing orientation of auditors. Leads all hospital or physician audits/investigations and responses related to external audit activity.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org