Job ID: J138894
Company: United Concordia Companies Inc
Location: Glen Allen, VA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Jan 9, 2019
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products in an assigned geographic area focusing on large and/or complex groups. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding sales and profitability goals.
This is a high-level sales position requiring the incumbent to focus on large/complex sales.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
• 3+ years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
• Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
• Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area (and other areas, through the United States, as necessary)
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• A Bachelor's or Master"s Degree
• 3-5 years of sales experience in dental insurance industry with a minimum of 2 of these years in large account sales Strong customer orientation/focus
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong large group negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products, focusing on large and/or complex group. Working throughout an assigned geographic area, the incumbent is responsible for:
1. Selling UCD products to potential customers:
• Analyzing and evaluating Request for Proposals (RFPs), coordinating completion and presenting as necessary
• Working with potential customers to effectively explore alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements
• Engaging in consultative selling by identifying points of negotiation, collaborating to resolve differences, and building support for preferred alternatives
• Leveraging opportunities for cross-selling of non-dental insurance products
• Meet/Exceed sales and profitability goals
• Utilizing advanced knowledge and experience to provide greater value to the customer
2. Strengthening and enhancing relationships with Brokers, Consultants, and other distribution channels.
• Providing ongoing education relative to products, networks, benefits, etc.
• Establishing the sales strategy for assigned area in alignment with corporate strategies.
• Generating new ideas, creating competitive advantage and evaluating/selecting strategies to increase market penetration
3. Coordinating information and activity with UCD personnel:
• Collaborate with Underwriting to try different and innovative ways to address sales challenges and opportunities; developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
• Gathering market insight and competitive information for use by UCD sales support, marketing, and product development personnel
• Maintaining electronic records through a Sales Force Automation or other Contact Relationship Management software.
4. Oversight of the account implementation.
• Seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The Sales Executive III is also responsible for documenting sales, expense and related activity as appropriate.
SummaryThis position is responsible for selling UCD dental insurance products in an assigned geographic area focusing on large and/or complex groups. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding sales and profitability goals. This is a high-level sales position requiring the incumbent to focus on large/complex sales.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org