This job is responsible for the oversight and operations of the healthcare management analytics function. The incumbent retains responsibility for development, implementation and management of complex analytical, research, and decision support activities which includes complex analysis, including statistical analysis, quantitative analysis, forecasting, predictive modeling, data mining, segmentation modeling, simulation model implementation and testing, and content knowledge. Provides consultation and analytical expertise in the development and support of various projects and data analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Assure that all projects or initiatives are delivered on time and in accordance with the agreed upon scope. This includes both internally driven work as well as all work in support of strategic and tactical initiatives, corporate releases, or business as usual maintenance.
- Establish the vision and strategy for the function and determines how this function can best support the overall organizational strategic initiatives. Develop the scope, planning, execution and delivery of all functional related efforts, whether strategic phases or routine periodic work.
- Serve as the primary leadership contact within the department for healthcare management analytic capabilities with both internal (within the Organization enterprise) and external constituents (including consulting firms, facilities or providers). Will be a focal point for the public face for the department’s participation in a variety of high-level healthcare management analytics efforts.
- Ensure that the company remains current with emerging industry best practices and techniques with respect to healthcare management analytical capabilities, which may include statistical modeling, predictive modeling, chart comparisons, matching strategies, and data visualizations using business intelligence tools.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, math, computer information systems or related field
- 5-7 years of lead role experience in healthcare informatics, analytics, business intelligence or statistics with responsibility for: a) application of analytic capabilities in the solution of business problems OR b) consulting arrangements and/or management OR c) program and project management OR d) management of professional analytic staff in a business, clinical or technology function
- 5-7 years of experience solving business, financial and/or clinical problems. This includes using technologies and analytical methodologies, preparation of related recommendations and presentations of findings to various levels of management and external parties
- 3-5 years of management experience or similar experience in a supervisory capacity or role
- Master's degree in statistics, math, computer information systems or related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Visualization, Business Intelligence, and reporting Tools (e.g. Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects Power BI, Shiny)
- Analytical Skills
- Data Analysis
- Excellent Multi-Tasker
- Microsoft Office
- SAS, SQL, R, Python, Alteryx
- Critical Thinking, Creative Problem Solving
Referral Award Payout Level: 3
This job is responsible for the oversight and operations of the healthcare management analytics function. The incumbent retains responsibility for development, implementation and management of complex analytical, research, and decision support activities which includes complex analysis, including statistical analysis, quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, segmentation modeling, campaign evaluation, simulation model implementation and testing, and content knowledge. Provides consultation and analytical expertise in the development and support of various projects and data analysis.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org