Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check
- Direct and manage activities for functions enterprise-wide or in a designated major area of business. Provide leadership to cross functional teams. Collaborate with peers in other units, technology/business consultants, and various functional areas and outside consultants to deliver solutions. Actively participate in long range strategy planning. Participate in the formulation of plans which support both strategic and near-term needs. Manage policy development to address complex issues. Define service levels and insure adherence. Create a team environment that promotes cooperation, accountability, customer focus and effective work relationships in order to attain business goals.
1. Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Facilitate meetings.
- Plan, design and provide presentations.
- Represent Highmark with outside entities.
- Prepare divisional procedures, policies, reports and correspondence.
- Collaborate with customers, staff, IT and other stakeholders to identify direction and plans for strategic customer goals, assess impacts, consider available and emerging technologies, compare costs and benefits and recommend solutions.
2. Provide oversight of all aspects of project management to ensure continuous improvement of processes.
- Work with customers to identify their goals and strategic direction.
- Negotiate and collaborate with senior executives and internal staff to develop solutions and options.
- Develop and adhere to internal standards and strategies.
- Ensure adherence to approved methodologies.
- Provide oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Coordinate resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
3. Provide strategic direction and planning for current and future business and technical changes, contractual obligations and legislative regulations.
- Identify opportunities to improve critical business processes.
- Assess external and internal impacts to define a course or direction.
- Anticipate organizational impacts and understand procedures associated with introducing new information technologies.
- Plan and direct activities of a group of managers and staff.
4. Direct and manage staff.
- Promote and ensure a culture of inclusion.
- Develop and provide input to skills assessments and oversee personal development plans for management staff.
- Coach, manage and develop managers and staff by establishing clear goals, expectations and strategies for employee performance.
- Insure consistency in talent management across departments within the division.
- Develop and administer performance reviews with measurable goals.
- Provide opportunities for staff to maintain current industry knowledge.
- Implement and manage strategic direction by managing activities of personnel in corporate endeavors.
- Develop, maintain and track division budget. Manage teams that span geographic areas or functional areas.
- Ensure compliance across the division and designated customer base with corporate standards, policies and regulations.
- Establish and use metrics to demonstrate operational excellence.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term plans.
- Prepare RFI’s/RFP’s and evaluate responses in support of appropriate technical vendor solutions.
- Prepare RFI’s/RFP’s and evaluate responses in support of business vendor solutions.
5. Provide Leadership to the Division.
- Lead and champion organizational change.
- Encourage participation in activities that support relationship development.
- Champion innovation.
- Demonstrate and champion the following characteristics in fulfilling the responsibilities of the job: passion, accountability, collaboration and ethics.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years’ experience working with information technology
- 7 years’ experience in mentoring others in a leadership role
- 3 years’ experience in staff management
- 3 years’ experience in developing strategic plans
- 3 years’ experience in developing strategic and tactical solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- 3 years’ experience in developing, presenting and communicating technical concepts to varying audiences
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Work experience in healthcare industry
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management experience with multiple major development projects, demonstrating leadership skills and a track record of managing technical/business staff, financial resources and outside vendors
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Presentation experience
- Experience in budget administration
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs
- Ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Knowledge of company’s business practices, products and resources
- Ability to motivate high performance, multi-discipline teams
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience
- Demonstrated competency in project execution
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship management
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required? Yes
Direct and manage activities for functions enterprise-wide or in a designated major area of business. Provide leadership to cross functional teams. Collaborate with peers in other units, technology/business consultants, and various functional areas and outside consultants to deliver solutions. Actively participate in long range strategy planning. Participate in the formulation of plans which support both strategic and near-term needs. Manage policy development to address complex issues. Define service levels and insure adherence. Create a team environment that promotes cooperation, accountability, customer focus and effective work relationships in order to attain business goals.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org