Job ID: J141838
Company: United Concordia Companies Inc
Location: Harrisburg, PA, United States
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Type: Regular
Posted at: Mar 5, 2019
United Concordia Dental is a key member of the Highmark Health network of companies. UCD is a leading national dental solutions company focused on delivering high-quality, cost-effective dental care. The company has nearly 8.6 million members, one of the nation's largest dentist networks, an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and is licensed in all 50 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico.
At United Concordia Dental, our goal is to help individuals and their families lead healthier lives with low-cost dental insurance plans that fit their lifestyle and budget.
The Senior Decision Support works closely with customers and design teams in prioritizing data and information requirements. This position:
1. Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
2. Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
3. Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
4. Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
5. Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
6. Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
7. Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, SAS EG, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the following:
- Strong Math Statistical Analysis experience;
- Statistical modeling;
- Prior work in Health Insurance industry with knowledge of areas such as claims, enrollment, provider processing, etc.;
- Additional technical skills such as Tableau and Cognos.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Employee Referral Level: 2
SummaryWorks closely with customers and design teams in prioritizing data and information requirements. This position provides analysis in the development and support of projects and data analysis. Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions; translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Recommends innovative approaches to analytical investigations. Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure delivery of knowledge and information.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org